Apply to NYCCMS
We work closely with Featured Artists to create unique events. For everyone involved in making an event happen, whatever media is produced (audio, visual, written, etc.) or published by NYCCMS is free to use by you for whatever you would like to use it for- Whatever we make together, is yours to keep.
NYCCMS was founded by composers, and our dedication to the artist is central to our identity.
Deadlines: As long as you see a featured artist listed below, you can submit!
2021 Featured Artists:
clarinet in Bb, cello, piano
The New York City Contemporary Music Symposium seeks submissions for our concerts in and around NYC. Usually featuring the works of 4-8 selected composers, the concerts will take place shortly after the composers are notified of their application’s status.
Each selected composer will receive a high-quality audio and video recording of their performance. Composers are encouraged, but not required, to attend the event. The video and audio recordings are professionally engineered and are suitable for portfolios, and can freely be used as professional media (we don’t care how you use what we make you!).
- 4-8 winners will receive a performance and professional recording of their work during a concert in New York City.
- Finalist and Semi-finalist awards will be given at the discretion of the curation team.
- This call for scores is open to all composers
- Works must be scored for an active Featured Artist, with an application fee of $15
- All musical aesthetics are welcome
- Length, ideally, must not exceed 10-15 minutes
- Works need not be premieres nor be composed specifically for this project
- Up to three entries per composer are permissible, each requiring a separate entry fee
- Composers are welcome to attend the performance and bring guests for free
- Non-refundable entry fee of $15 payable through a PayPal link in the application form
- Send cleanly-formatted scores, PayPal receipt(s), and (optional) recordings to the Google form below
- All entrants will be notified of their status no more than two months after the deadline
- This call is not anonymous
- While recordings/MIDI files are not required, they do help us move along the curation process… Even a simple mock-up from your notation software would help!
About the NYCCMS Chamber Orchestra
The NYCCMS Chamber Orchestra is an ever-evolving group, with a core of eleven musicians.
When possible, we are excited to give the opportunity to composers to have their work performed by a chamber orchestra.
If you are interested in performing with the NYCCMS Chamber Orchestra (and assuming you are able to travel to New York City and provide audio/visual examples of your work as a performer), you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org